Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Oh Shhhh...OOT!~ The avocados are hard as a rock and the party is tonight!!!

On December the 13th after much planning for Ryan's Birthday:partyhat:  party which I happened to host this year I realized that my avocados were not ripe, ruining the whole menu because the main appetizer just happened to be Chicken bacon avocado sandwiches (kneaders style) and a black bean corn salsa to go with it. 


I woke up and went downstairs to check on the avocados to make sure that they were good to use that day but sadly they failed me and yes I was angry:curse:  (at the avocados) because that meant running all over town trying to find good avocados to use that night.  To make things worse Keith had to work at both jobs which made me even more furious lol


I was determined to wow my guest so I ran all over town in my pajamas looking fearless lol. I got to my first stop which sadly had avocados harder than a rock so I hurried to the next store. It was snowy and yes very dangerous out there but I was pretty much screaming at the slow drivers in front of me to get out of the way because I was running out of time.  I convinced myself that I didn't know the meaning of the word safety or reckless or dangerous or ugly since that pretty much describes how I was looking that day. 


Heck I even tried my local Mexican store which pretty much rips off their customers and was willing to pay three times more what I would pay at my local Walmart.  Finally I decided to look at the forbidden store right next to it. Yup! SMITH'S which I never dare to go in because of their outrageous prices.  What can I say? I'm a faithful walmartian.  To my surprise these guys had nicely soft avocados calling my name and ready to come to the party.  So excited but not after I nearly drowned in their parking lot courtesy of a very crappy snowy day and the negligence of the employees at Smith's.   Oh what the heck, I needed a bath anyways :lol:




So I came home all happy and wet and started working on the delicious food we later devoured!!! 




I made the focaccia bread from scratch and it was delish!!!  Kneaders watch out cause you are going down!!! :devil:



DISCLAIMER: If any police officers are reading this blog please disregard everything I mentioned above!!! :innocent:




1 comment:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed