Let me just start by saying that this 2010 year really seems special to me. Don't ask me why because I don't have an answer for you. All I can tell you is that I feel fearless and I have so many things I want to do.
My title is New Year Resolutions though I don't see them as that but more of a list of things I really want to do this year. While many people's list probably includes things like lose weight and do better with money or things like that. I do not like to lie to myself (not saying whoever have it on his/her list is lying, I'm just not interested in working on those things right now and I would be lying to myself if I said I was) and this year is not my year to lose 50lbs (not that I want to loose that much anyways lol) or to do better with money because that was not a year resolution for me but more of something I wanted to do for myself a couple years ago without exactly setting a time limit or making it a goal but instead a habit that I will continue to have until I die. I think I've done a fine job with that so far!!
Anyways... The things that I feel I would like to do this year are:
1.- Learn to knit
2.- Do a Santa workshop in one of my spare closets so that I can work on Santa's list through out the year instead of overwhelming myself at the end of the year.
3.- Walk with Kay to School (nope it's not to lose weight just to spend that time with her)
4.- Help a few strangers
5.- Take Kay to Disneyland for the first time this year
6.- Take more outdoor pictures with my camera
7.- Enjoy life a little more!!!
Sure I have some more things to add to my list but those are not important and this year I really want to do what's important to me and to the people that matter in my life. I've never felt a desire to learn to knit but after seeing some cute things I can make for Kay I decided I want to learn this year and already watched a few online tutorials. Ahhh!! the good ol internet that always comes to my rescue lol.
My Santa Workshop project I really want to work on this year. Mainly because I want to make it a habit to be prepared and to not have to come up with money at the end of the year but instead buy a small thing here and there so that I'm completely ready when Christmas comes. So far I got the nieces and nephews gifts done thanks to the amazing after Christmas deals!!!
THE REASON:
Ever since I remember Life has been hectic and stressful thanks to many different struggles that had come our way. Don't get me wrong I'm very grateful for the things that somehow made me a stronger person even when at that very moment when we were struggling I didn't appreciate. It is because of that and because for the last month or so I have discovered how much my family means to me. I always knew I loved them but one thing I truly discovered was the fact that many of us (myself included) always try to impress everyone but our little guy or gal at home or even our husbands.
Think about it and ask yourself how many times you have seen someone you know and even if you were in a bad mood you still acted nice and said hi or whatever. How many times you've been mad at somebody else and instead of yelling at them you try to make yourself calm down and move on. Yet when your child or your spouse talks to you or ask you a question and you are not having a good day you explode on them and/or if you get mad at them you completely lose your cool. The worse part is when you don't even try to control your anger and just let all hell break lose.
I know I have done it a few times and shame on me because these are the people I care about the most. Sure is a good thing that you are still polite to others but the people at home the ones that matter are the ones I should be making sure I treat the nicest. And please don't be scared or think I have anger issues or I beat my daughter up or my husband lol. I'm just talking about giving my husband and daughter the place they deserve in my life. Sure I can still be nice to strangers or people I know like I normally do but always remembering my priorities and who deserves the best of me!.
With that said, there you have it! that's what I want to work on this year. WISH ME LUCK!
HAPPY Valentines Day
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment