Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Julie and Julia




Ever seen the movie Julie and Julia? I absolutely love that movie! Every time I watch it is even better. 


Of course it would appeal more to a person who enjoys cooking than to a person who doesn't care one bit about making food or anything that have to do with a kitchen lol


I watched it today after Kay went to bed. Keith got home and I was still watching it. He didn't care much for the movie but that's OK.  I didn't expect him to like it anyways. 


As I watched the movie I thought about the real blog that Julia Powell wrote and tonight I googled it and found it. I have to say it doesn't have the same charm as the movie but it was still interesting to read the blog and to see what the movie was based on.


I also searched for pictures of the real Julia Child as well as Julia Powell.  In some pictures Julia Child really looked like Meryl Streep. She did a fantastic job in my opinion. 


Anyways... Just thought I would share with you all my thoughts about a great story and fantastic movie.  :D 





2 comments:

  1. I totally agree- very cute movie! It inspired me to try some new recipes- not any of Julia Child's recipes but new to me! How are you guys?! Mission reunion at our house I think the Sunday before General Conference. We'd love to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I love it that I kept saying Julia and Julia when it is JULIE and Julia lol

    I was sleepy if that's an excuse.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed