Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Feeling free is the best feeling ever!

As much as I try to remember that I have this blog and try to do good with it I always seem to neglect it. There is just so much to do and even though I try to stick to two or three online gadgets sometimes life gets too busy to worry about things like updating your blog lol.


Anyways... Remember how I said I wasn't worrying about losing any weight this year? well... I drank some magic potion and now I'M SEXY! lol...  That was Donkey talk!!!! Truth is I did shed some pounds but mainly because I was feeling really unhealthy. No energy, feeling bloated, tired. All the signs that told me I needed to make a few changes in my daily diet.  I started by doing a body detox and I couldn't believe how great I was feeling so I just kept going. If you have ever lived in Mexico you know that Mexican grannies are known for giving their grandkids a body detox every year. Trust me it isn't pretty!!! You drink some bitter, bitter and more bitter drink and can't eat for a couple of days and well... it's a harsh way to detox your body but IT WORKS!!! 


Unfortunately I couldn't find anything similar in the US. Heck I don't even think it would be legal for me to drink that stuff up here lol.   I had to stick to a least harsh way which included plenty of raw veggies and juices. I must say it was a good alternative. I felt great during my first week.  


We are also headed to Disneyland this year. It will be Kay's first time and she is going crazy over it lol. We leave Tuesday and will spend a magical week in sunny California. I'm so excited to have some real Mexican food down there and to hopefully see my friends. I'm also very excited to have yoshinoya which is one of my favorite fast food restaurants in Cali. It's "Japanese" style food and my favorite is their beef and chicken combo. I hope it's as good as I remember it.  I was even more excited when I found out there is a Dunkin Donuts in Vegas. OMG!!! I loooooooooove the dunkins and I'm super excited that we will be able to have some. I will eat a dozen of those babies!!! JK!!! 


Usually I really enjoy rainy days but this year for some reason I'm all about hot summer nights. Ever since January started I kept dreaming of last year's summer which was really fun. We went to the carnival during strawberry days and we also had a very cool 4th of July. We made smores at night on our backyard and had many fun BBQ days not to mention a couple pool days which ended with pizza or some yummy food from a local restaurant. I just really wanted summer to get here again so that we could have some summer fun. It's weird how sometimes we really enjoy a season and the year after we just want to do it all over again.


I guess today is a good day for me to blog because I woke up in a very happy mood.  I'm grateful for many things that God has given me. He truly has been very generous with me. He knows me way better than I know myself and gave me exactly what he knew I would be happy with. I'm grateful for my husband who I'm pretty sure I will grow old with. Sure he doesn't appreciate me spraying him with 409 at 2am when he is asleep while I'm trying to kill a moth but he loves me anyways lol.
I'm truly grateful for my daughter who is such a sweetie. She is such a relaxed little girl very mature for her age. Sure she gets crazy around other kids but at home she is just so chilled!


for a couple of years there I wanted to have another child so badly and it just didn't happen. Today I know why it didn't happen. I am happy with one child! I can still say I experienced motherhood but I can also enjoy life beyond being a wife and mommy.  I was right when I said that I felt like 2010 was going to be a great year for me. It has been a good year and I found out too much about myself that I didn't know.  I feel like I am barely getting to know myself and who I truly am as a person. 


This year I truly feel like I'm becoming myself again.  For the sake of keeping peace with my surroundings I tried to be someone I am not and I was unhappy.  I am who I am... I am a crazy, wild, immature, goofy, clean freak, afraid of germs person who appreciates anyone who's sincere and genuine regardless of what color, religion, sexual preferences or social status they have. 


I never understood before why I suddenly became so quiet around some people.  It is because I didn't feel like myself around them. Because my crazy goofy self wasn't allowed to come out in front of them without getting a raised eyebrow look from them.  I am Mexican and we are loud and we like to party, we like to eat, we like to hug, we like to talk while we eat dinner, we like to tell jokes, we like to dance the night away and we make food for an army when we have parties and IT'S FUN!


This might feel like a venting out but it truly isn't. I'm just discovering myself and figuring out what kind of person I am in this life.  I hope this post wasn't too long for all of you who are taking the time to read it :)






 Here are some recent pics...




Kay and her teacher Mrs. Lemmon

Her most recent pics!!


A little airbrush never hurt anyone ;)
  



1 comment:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed