Saturday, July 31, 2010

That's my cup of tea!!





I have always loved a cup of tea.  Most people prefer coffee or any other beverage but for me there is just something about tea that makes me relax and unwind not to mention I truly do like the flavor of tea. I even bought myself a tea maker. I mean who the heck owns a tea maker? and not just one of those small pitchers like but an actual machine that looks like a coffee maker but happens to a be a tea maker.  Confusing I know! lol


Anyways, I'm back to my every day cup of tea. This time I'm back to green tea which I happen to love with a drop of organic honey.  It has helped me so much during these days of extreme stress. A combination of loneliness and health issues has me back to my cup of tea ritual and it's actually cheering me up.


I'm not a book person except for the Twilight saga I refuse to read lol  I'm sure the love for it will come later. I do however enjoy magazines.  Mainly magazines like home and garden, housekeeping, Martha Steward living and others like it.  I go make myself a cup of tea and come sit down in the quiet living room and grab a few magazines from my magazine basket.  I'm truly loving it! I forgot how much fun that was for me.  I sure wish my mom could live closer so we could both have a conversation over a cup of tea. 


I have had many health issues lately.  Started  by being diagnosed with severe IDA and it has ended on two biopsies with the word cancer thrown around loosely. One biopsy already over and very painful but the other one is scheduled to happen sometime next week and I'm not looking forward to it though its in a different place and suppose to be less painful. I can't wait to hear what the test results are and end my misery once and for all. 


This brings me to my next subject and that is my husband.  We have always had a good relationship even during the times when we didn't like each other too much lol  We always manage to let our love overcome our differences and that has always told me I made the right decision when I decided to marry him.  During these difficult times I have seen my husband go from a good husband to a very loving caring husband. I never truly had any complaints except for small things here and there but during these tough times I have learned to appreciate him even more.  


It's the little things he does like show up at my doctor's appointment during his lunch break without me asking him to come,  or him telling me he wants to come with me to my ultrasound appointment in case I get bad news.  I love him so much!  
Being sick sucks but seeing this side of him is really good for me. I rarely get sick so I never knew how he would be when the time came for me to be sick and need bed rest like I did a couple of weeks ago.  It has made me appreciate him that much more!


I'm also getting a different prospective from life.  I'm a little more grateful for the things that I take for granted.  When you hear the word cancer thrown at you it makes you realize how short life can be and that at the end the only thing that will matter to you is how much you would miss your loved ones if you had to go.  I know the only thing that would make me sad would be to leave my husband and daughter. I know that nothing matters to me more than they do.  


I'm still confused as to what kind of person I want to be in this life but I know there is more happiness to be found when you do good things and try to be the best you can be.  


I'm still thinking 2010 is a great year for me. Even with my health issues. I continue to learn new things about myself and I feel like a stronger person but much more sensitive and much more loving! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, have you heard anything yet from the doc? I realized I responded here before reading the date of your post. Please, and most sincerely, let us know if we can do anything for you guys. If you need a sitter for the princess, or a meal, or a moderate political chat, I am your girl! Even though our correspondence is limited to blog comments and an occasional facebook comment, we really can get together! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Kim! I did hear from the doctor. The lump was cancer free and no further treatment was needed and my other biopsy came negative too. For a minute there they really thought it was something more serious but thank goodness it wasn't.

    This year has truly been one I will always remember. Very good things happened and also very bad ones. I guess that is just life :)

    How are you guys doing? I'd love to have a chat with you whenever. I don't have any close friends so yes it can get pretty lonely around here.

    I hope you guys are doing awesome! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I truly appreciate your sweet offers :)

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed