So many of you probably dont know that one of my hobbies is Interior decorating. I wish I could truly embrace my passion but of course that would mean spending the cash I dont have so unfortunately for now I can only picture what some day I wish to do with our home. For now is Ikea, Ross and Walmart to help me improve my home a little without totally going broke.
Some of my favorite places to look for tips and ideas on how to decorate your house are HGTV.com. I love to look at their 'rate my space' section and I also watch fine living network. I confess that I'm obsessed with the internet. I can find so much on the internet. I'm always searching for new ideas on everything that I'm interested in.
My favorite designer has to be Candice Olson. The woman can do miracles with a blank canvas. I dvr her show every day and just can't get enough of the beautiful places she designs.
Another lady that truly inspires me is Sarah Richardson with her show 'Room Service'. To me she has the talent to make her rooms look extremely comfy yet luxurious and Elegant. I enjoy watching her tips on how to make the pieces that will then pull the whole show room together.
I had always loved new construction for the simple reason that they are trouble free most of the time anyways. An older home will somehow need some sort of repair in the near future.
Lately I've been really into older homes with wood floors, wood burning fireplaces, etc. Definitely charming and worth overlooking the few troubles you might get from buying an older home. Not saying I would want to get a piece of junk house though, just something with a little more charm than a brand new house will have now a days.
I wanted to share with you some of my favorite rooms that hopefully I will try to recreate in my own house at some point 

No comments:
Post a Comment